March 3, 2011

testing

26 of 30

Fatma Sultan Cami Sk., Istanbul: 3 Mart
Fatma Sultan Cami Sk., Istanbul: 3 Mart
Fatma Sultan Cami Sk., Istanbul: 3 Mart
earrings - Copenhagen street vendor / wrap watch - La Mer / scarf - vintage, thrifted / cardigan - Primark / fox print tee - Zara / overdyed skinnies - Zara / brogues - Primark

My limited use of the internet here is proving a somewhat bigger hurdle than I'd anticipated. As I worked on writing and publishing my last post, I lost progressively more and more Blogger dashboard functionality, until I finally arrived at zero. I am now writing this post via email, with no real guarantees it will publish to the blog properly, and no way to edit it once it does. On top of that, I was alerted today by dear friend S. (of Narrowly Tailored) that my Disqus comments are misbehaving. I'm sorry things have gotten a little bumpy around here, but please bear with me as I try to keep posting as best I can while in Turkey. (And as always, if you really need to get in touch but can't leave a comment, feel free to email me via the "contact" link on the About Me page.)

I'm still trying to get a feel for the recommended level of sartorial modesty here, so I played it pretty safe today with this outfit. I know I talked about the myriad virtues of scarves a lot while I was in Morocco, but it cannot be repeated enough - a  light, printed scarf like this one is definitely the MVP of any traveling wardrobe when visiting predominantly Muslim countries. I loved the extra pop of color and pattern this one added to my outfit, and I was able to easily convert it into a headscarf while visiting the Blue Mosque.
//

4 comments:

Lara said...

Well, it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done! Thanks for posting despite the challenges, and the outfit was cute!

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I'm impressed by your general chutzpah with the posting. And I'm happy to click through the links to see your outfit (which is phenom, by the way). Hope you're having a lovely time even though you're locked out of the interwebs (what am I saying, of course you are!)!

emily said...

Haha, thanks Lara - after that Denver omelette of a post, I've decided to just jump over to Tumblr for the month that we're in Turkey! That way I can keep blogging outfits, without all the hassle of trying to work around the Blogger ban.

emily said...

Yeah, apparently my html coding for embedded images didn't turn out so hot! I'm glad the links worked at least. I'm just going to enjoy my sojourn at my little blogger vacation home on Tumblr, and not stress about it - after all, I've got a date to go to the Bazaar tomorrow, and my man's already promised to buy me somethin' fancy!

Post a Comment