February 2, 2011

fuzzy math

I mentioned yesterday that there've been some setbacks already on my road to remix glory, despite being but one measly day into the challenge. See, I hatched a brilliant plan last month to retire some underutilized pieces in my suitcase and have my dear mother ship me some fresh clothes at our next travel destination. Unfortunately, it seems I didn't quite send all my spare clothes to the ancestral homestead, and all the warmest things I'd hoped for are lost somewhere in storage up in New England - thus, inaccessible. I'm afraid the incredible, heart-stopping styles I'd planned involving my black blazer, vintage camel sweater, silver sequined sweater, and - perhaps most tragically - vintage raccoon fur collar, will just have to wait until I return to the US. Le sigh.

No use moping though!
Here's what I do have in store for this round of Kendi Everyday's 30 for 30:



30 for 30: items
 


30 for 30: tanks + tees


Top row: gray tank - Anthropologie / pink tank - Anthropologie / black henley tank - Old Navy
Middle row: black scoopneck - UO / blue v-neck - Forever 21 / white v-neck - Forever 21
Bottom row: striped scoopneck - UO / fox print tee - Zara* / striped 3/4 sleeve tee - H&M

30 for 30: blouses + sweaters

Top row: chambray shirt - thrifted BR / red button-down - vintage, thrifted / cat blouse - Zara
Bottom row: striped cardigan - H&M / mint cardigan - H&M / 
oatmeal cardigan - Cynthia Rowley via Marshall's

30 for 30: skirts + pants
 

Top row: yellow skirt - homemade, vintage fabric / aqua skirt - vintage, thrifted / pink skirt - H&M
Bottom row: jeggings - Target / black leggings - Style & Co, mommed / overdyed skinnies - Zara

30 for 30: shoes, etc.
Top row: black shorts - H&M / black slip-dress - UO
Bottom row: cognac boots - Steve Madden / black boots - 9west, vintage / black flats - Zara / 
canvas shoes - Toms

Astute counters may note that this doesn't exactly tally up to 30 items - the funny thing is, with all my shipping back and forth, I haven't quite got thirty things to work with! So I'll happily leave those last few slots open, and trust that you won't hold against me too harshly if I acquire one or two little things here and there on my travels. I've got a serious shopping destination coming up on the itinerary soon, and an overstuffed inspiration folder full of ideas for new pieces to work into my remix.

*All of my collages were made with polyvore, and these images show the closest possible approximation of the pieces I'll be remixing. For other 30 for 30 remixers, I've also found using polyvore to be a great way to plan out some of my outfits visually.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

shoot! i hope you get your stuff. anyways, your plan has some awesome colors and prints...so many options. good luck!
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

Sophie said...

love the injection of colours included in you mix. Look forward to seeing what you come up with :)
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Archives said...

dude, i will hold it against you if you DONT shop while in this unnamed amazing shopping destination! once in a life time travels dont count. i think you should shop no matter what, considering youre basically living the 30x30!

emily said...

For now, I just have to have faith in the postal service I guess - they haven't let me down yet, so here's hoping! And I'm sure I'll find the rest of my stuff once I get home - it'll be like getting a whole new wardrobe influx next fall :)

emily said...

Thanks Sophie - I'm working hard to get away from my black-gray-blue safety zone, that's for sure! I definitely think the 30for30 is really great for getting those kinds of style resolutions off the ground.

emily said...

Oh girl, you are the best enabler EVER! I'm so glad there's a travel exception clause - and I will definitely be making some serious use of it soon :)

Post a Comment