February 20, 2011

who wears

18 of 30
near westminster abbey, london
near westminster abbey, london
brass whistle necklace - vintage, MyMomsBasement via etsy / cardigan - Primark / watch - La Mer / fox tee - Zara / belt - vintage, thrifted / shorts - H&M / tights - Target / brogues - Primark

...short shorts?

Given my enthusiasm for them in Spain, I was a little surprised to realize this morning that I hadn't worn my winter shorts yet during the 30x30 challenge. The fact that they were folded on the floor of our wardrobe with the very small pile of 'non-30x30' clothes might have something to do with it, but in all honesty, I think I've felt just the littlest bit self-conscious about wearing them lately. They are just so... short. I decided to ease back into wearing them by pairing them with some basic black tights, and wound up with an outfit that's both a semi-tribute to Sarah of The Stylish Heart and a very close cousin of this one.

Don't let the slightly warm white balance of these photos fool you, London is still consistently cold, drizzly, and just overcast enough to give me the deathly pallor of a real native (I kid, I kid). I think the sort-of funky weather has been contributing to my sort-of funky mood over the last few days, as is the very real possibility that I have a milder version of the cold that had Chris stuck in bed a few days ago. I'm hoping to shake it off quickly though, as tomorrow's our last day here and I definitely want to make the most of it - a trip to Camden Market, visit to the Serpentine Gallery, and hopefully a drink or two in Shoreditch. There's a bar there with foosball tables, and boyfriend is seriously good - maybe he'll even win us a few free rounds.
//

8 comments:

Patty said...

i love the tan accessories you mixed in with this outfit. :) i don't usually get to mix tan with black but it really works here. i like it!

Aerin Oy said...

Great remix! I like navy and black together, most peole shy away from it. I just found you thru Kendi's blog and read thru your remix posts. Great stuff! Can't wait to read/see more.

LauritaP said...

love this outfit, you look great!

adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com

Academichic said...

The black tights are great for mitigating the shortness of those shorts - this outfit looks great! So cute and casual yet chic :)

Hope you feel better soon! S.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

Oh man, I get SO influenced by the weather. Even a few days of cloudy skies leave me irritable and fussy.

I ADORE this outfit. The t-shirt is ridiculously cute, and I feel like this is a massively chic version of the simple shorts and a t-shirt that I used to wear daily as a child (in summer, of course!).

Chelsey Hancock said...

Your pictures are lovely and those shoes are great! Nothing like a good pair of oxfords to go with everything :)

owenandchelsey.blogspot.com (fellow 30x30 remixer)

Suzanne said...

you did a great job with this! by pairing the shorts with the same color tights, you not only elongate your legs, but you look more covered than you really are. good job!

and i am constantly trying out tights with my oxfords. for some reason i feel frumpy. you, on the other hand, look lovely.

thanks for sharing!

-suzanne

http://www.awkwardlychic.com

Emily_RubySlippers said...

I know exactly the bar in Shoreditch you're talking about--had lunch there on Sunday. They even have foosball speed dating!

I like this outfit (it is very Stylish Heart, but that's always a good thing). : )

Post a Comment