February 16, 2011

primary

14 of 30
natural history museum, london
natural history museum, london
natural history museum, london
necklace - vintage, thrifted / dress - thrifted / watch - La Mer / red tights - Calzedonia / flats - Zara / trench - H&M

Meet #29! This dress was another thrifting score on my trip to the local charity shop this weekend. It's new (tags on!), crazy comfy, completely wrinkle resistant, and inspired Mr. Man to dub me "Pretty Lady," so I'd say it's a keeper. It's even got sweet gold studs on the shoulders - perfection.

I felt like such a '60s London mod in this outfit. The flats, the bright legs, and even the trench had me feeling like I'd just walked out of Blow-Up. Of course, for the effect to be complete, the dress really shouldn't nip in at the waist and I should be wearing approximately 67 times more eyeliner, but I still felt the reference was there, however faintly. I am sure it was thoroughly appreciated by the other visitors to the dinosaur hall at the Natural History Museum.

(And speaking of, did you know they have a full-sized animatronic T-Rex there? It roars at you.... and that's about it. I mean, it was awesome, don't get me wrong, but I have to say, it felt a little too theme-parky for a museum. Like an awful lot of space and resources devoted to... getting roared at. Hmmph.)
//

19 comments:

Kara @ Unusual Form said...

Great thrift store find! I love the navy and red combo.

dotty said...

you should totally be working on some archigram-style drawings in this outfit!

Bianca said...

Amei o look!!!

http://bianca-moda-s.blogspot.com/

Jessica Bruner said...

Love, love, love this outfit. I want everything in your closet. That dress was such a great thrift store find.

Sarah Marguerite said...

Your Blow-Up reference made me laugh out loud. But if you really want to look like you came out of Blow-Up, you should dress up as a tennis playing mime :)

BetweenLaundryDays said...

That is such an effing rad dress. The studs just kick it into professional awesomeness. And the addition of the trenchcoat makes it fabulously 60s.

Emmalemma said...

You are making me miss London with all these posts! I'm so JEALOUS!

Anja said...

really pretty outfit!! Great find. I would love to have more such luck at the thrift store! Well, gotta check them after the 30for30s!!

Archives said...

emily! not only do i freaking love that flipping awesome dress (great color, AWESOME studs!!!), but the mix of red and purple is so gorgeous! very modern day mod. ;)

emily said...

Yes! I actually got to have dinner with Mike Webb last year, and let me tell you, then man is still a serious ladykiller.

emily said...

Thanks Kara! I keep wishing these tights were just a wee bit more orange though - I think I might try to find some orange ones to layer underneath and see if that tips the color to just right.

emily said...

Thanks Bianca!

emily said...

If only I'd brought my ginormous false eyelashes on the trip, the look would be complete!

emily said...

Thanks Jessica - I can defniitely tell I'll be getting a lot of wear out of this dress, it is soooo comfortable!

emily said...

Haha, yes! Or I should have taken my outfit shots lying behind a bush in the park. :)

emily said...

We've been having such a great time here - I can't believe we're already leaving London on Tuesday!

emily said...

There are so many times I walk away from the thrift store empty-handed, so I definitely lucked out this time!

emily said...

Thanks Lisa! I think I was a little brighter than a lot of people were used to seeing on the Tube, but I'll just assume that super-saturated colors help to combat Seasonal Affective Disorder and they'll all be sending me Thank You cards soon. :)

dotty said...

ha! i have a book of his temple island drawings on my desk right now...such hotness.

Post a Comment