February 28, 2011

pinkerton

24 of 30
Panmure Place, Edinburgh: 27th February
Panmure Place, Edinburgh: 27th February
Panmure Place, Edinburgh: 27th February
necklace - vintage, Brooklyn flea market / wood & brass bangle - vintage, thrifted / pink striped sweater - H&M / black tee - UO / overdyed skinnies - Zara / brogues - Primark

Y'all, I really like this one. And I don't think that's just the thrill of a new sweater talking.

Well, ok, maybe it is. Because this sweater? It rocks. (And for those keeping score, it's only the 26th item I've worn in my remix so far, so not totally cheating....)

Normally, as a curvy and rather petite lady, I avoid tops with this kind of shorter, boxier fit for fear of the dastardly things they might do to my shape, but given my affinities for both stripes and for wearing things the exact same color as my skin (like being naked, but better!), when I spotted this one on sale at H&M I was powerless to resist. (I'd actually gone in hoping to find a mustard-colored cardigan, but apparently mustard is not very "in" right now.) I love the easiness of the loose fit, and that the shorter length allows it to read "oversized" without being overwhelming. For it's first day out, I kept things simple and just paired it with dark neutrals and a few of my favorite gold and brown accessories. I'm definitely looking forward to some wilder stripey pink remixes to come...

Yesterday was our last real day in Edinburgh, as we're making a day trip to Glasgow today and then leaving Scotland on Tuesday. We spent the better part of the day hiking up Arthur's Seat, a massive volcanic hill that overlooks the city, then walking around the old city, grabbing a late lunch, and stopping in to the City Art Center. It's still a little disappointing that we lost two days of our visit to my being sick, but we'll just have to come back to Edinburgh another time to see all the things we haven't had time for. Fortunately we'll have lots of time to explore our next home - and it couldn't be more different than this one!

I also got some very exciting to me (and probably not that interesting to everyone else) news - all my packages are not lost! I sent a package home from Spain about a month ago, and it finally arrived the other day. And even better... the package my mother sent me isn't lost, it's in London! So I'm working on various elaborate schemes to get my hands on it - it'll either be this week, or not 'til May! So we'll see how that goes.
//

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I really like that sweater. That color is great for spring.

BetweenLaundryDays said...

I'm glad you succumbed to the power of stripey pink goodness. This top is just marvelous. And yay about your packages!! That's so awesome!

Erin and Caroline said...

Yes! I feel the same way about tops like that! But on you it looks great so maybe Ill give it a go now. =)

-Erin (keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

Honeybeeglue said...

The pink color of your sweater looks great on you. You look very fresh-faced and youthful:)

dotty said...

hi, new sweater. you're a really great pinky hue. i bet you'd look awesome with burnt orange and/or cognacy brown.

Anja said...

congrats on the packages! Lucky you, one of mine got ripped once and half of the contents were missing! Glad for you.
This sweater is so cute on you!! really pretty!

emily said...

Thanks Rebecca - I keep hoping that if I just keep wearing spring-y colors, I'll get some spring-y temperatures to go with them!

emily said...

There was nothing I could do, it just pulled me in with its tractor beam of pink sale-priced radness!

emily said...

I am a total convert now, and I can't even imagine how many similar tops I've passed up in thrift stores over the years!

emily said...

Aw, thanks :)

emily said...

Oh, it will happen. You'd better believe it, that shit is like pre-ordained.

emily said...

It still totally boggles my mind that it's 2011 and we still can't even send stuff in the mail reliably - why is it so hard??

Post a Comment